The Dispensary closes between 1pm - 2pm Monday - Friday.
No collection of prescriptions or telephone enquiries will be available at these times. Please do not telephone Reception with your medication or prescription enquiries during this time
Dispensary Opening Hours
|Monday – Friday||8.30am – 1pm|
| || 2pm- 5pm|
Telephone enquiries between 9.30am and 1pm and 2pm - 5pm Monday - Friday on 01794 512684.
Qualified Dispensing Technicians are able to give advice about medicines as well as dealing with requests for regular medication.
Please use your request card for prescription renewals. Telephone requests for repeat prescriptions will NOTbe accepted.
From 1 April 2019 the prescription charge will be £9.35 per item, however you are exempt from the charge if you:
- are under 16
- are under 16,17 or 18 and in full time education
- are over 60
- have a maternity exemption certificate
- have a medical exemption certificate
- have a prepayment certificate(*)
- have a War Pension exemption certificate
- are named on an HC2 charges certificate
- are receiving certain benefits
Also, some contraceptives are prescribed free of charge.
(*)A prepaid certificate is a way you can limit your prescription costs and may be worthwhile when you are likely to need a large number of prescriptions. A certificate costs £30.25 for three months or 104.00 for 12 months. Application forms (FP95) are available from the Dispensary. Government Regulations restrict our dispensing to patients living in rural areas only. We do though have a system in place where if you mark your prescription card (for repeat prescriptions) you may collect your items from any of the Romsey Pharmacists.
You can help drug wastage by simply doing the following :
- Please do not hoard medicines and avoid wastage wherever possible
- Please only ask for repeat prescriptions when required
- Please only ask for those items to be used and bring to the doctor or dispenser's attention any medications no longer required