27 hours/week (8.30am – 6.30pm)
An opportunity has arisen to join an established Nurse Team within an 8 GP Partner, dispensing Practice in Romsey. The Practice is a training practice for GP registrars and has a population of 14,200 patients. The successful candidate will work alongside the GP Partners and current Nurse Lead/Nurse Practitioner over 3 days (Tuesday, Thursday and Friday). Their responsibilities would include Travel and childhood immunisation clinics, Dressing clinics, Cervical Cytology and Chronic Disease Clinics.
Experience within the Primary Care setting and Chronic Disease management is desirable.
Informal enquiries or visits can be requested by telephone on 01794 513422 or by emailing the Nurse Manager - email@example.com.. If you would like to apply for this post please send a covering letter and current Curriculum Vitae via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be received by 9am on Friday 23rd August, 2019.
Interviews to be held early September.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration.
· Current RGN Registration
· Evidence of continued professional development
Specialist Skills and Experience
· 5 years post registration experience
· Ability to work independently
· Experience of using computer systems and recording patient interactions
· Experience of a Primary Care environment
· Experience managing long term conditions
· Experience of using System One
· Cervical cytology
· Travel and childhood immunisation
· Good interpersonal skills
· Calm under pressure
· Able to work at pace
· Natural team player
· Able to work with minimal supervision